In this episode of the Sweatpants Chronicles we’re talking about core values! It’s something we’ve already touched on in a couple of episodes but we wanted to spend a little more time exploring what a value really is, how to figure out what our own values are, and why it matters in our day to day lives.
During the episode Cassidy mentions a values exercise that she uses with her clients. We wanted to include that here for those of you that would like to try it out! You can also find another version that Cassidy really likes by clicking here.
- Print the list below and circle all of the values that resonate with you. It is fine to add a few that you don’t see on this list. Don’t spend more than a few seconds reviewing each value – in other words do not overthink. If the value speaks to you circle it.
- Now limit the list to five values that define who you are now and/or who you want to become.
- Eliminate two of the five-circled values so that you have three values.
- Now eliminate one more leaving you with two values.
- Lastly, put these two values in order of importance.
Cassidy: This week I am in gift giving mode! We draw names in my family so I’m working on getting the perfect gift for a couple of family members. I love the process of picking out a great gift and making someone feel loved.
Tristi: This week I am obsessed with Cranberry Redbull! I may be going to the wrong direction in my quest to stop drinking so much soda. 😉
Connect With Us
Be sure to follow us over on Facebook! We’ll be posting news about new episodes and getting conversations going with our community about all kinds of topics.
If you have any questions or would like to suggest a topic for for an upcoming episode email us at email@example.com.